Ford Racing has announced a limited edition 2010 Boss 302R Mustang to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Mustang Boss 302’s iconic 1970 Trans-Am championship. The 2010 Boss 302R will be a factory-built road racing Mustang with a 5.0-liter 4-valve motor producing an estimated 400 horsepower. The Boss 302R will be track and road race ready for a number of SCCA and NASA classes. Production will be limited to just 50 units and the estimated MSRP will be $79,000. No photos have been released but details about what the Boss 302R will offer along with an optional Grand-Am Homologation Package can be found after the jump…
Release To Dealers:
Ford Racing is proud to announce the development of a new race-prepared road racing Mustang – the 2010 Ford Racing Boss 302R.
The Ford Racing Mustang Boss 302R will be a factory-built race car, ready for track days and road racing in a number of SCCA and NASA classes. An optional Grand-Am Homologation Package will be available for the Grand-Am KONI Challenge series. While details are intentionally limited at this time, the following should help you assess the product and its appeal.
- Continue the winning tradition of Mustang racing
- Build limited to 50 units
- Off-road only (VIN replaced by serial number)
- Estimated pricing, $79,000 MSRP
- Build/delivery in 3rd -4th Qtr 2010
- Ford Racing Part #: M-FR500-BOSSR
2010 Boss 302R Mustang Specs:
- 400 hp (est.) 5.0L 4V engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Roll cage
- Race dampers/springs, brakes, tire
- Race seats, safety harness
Optional – Grand-Am Homologation Package
2010 Grand-Am spec/approved package (Part Number: M-FR500-BOSSR1) for KONI Challenge includes:
- Sealed high output race engine with upgraded cooling system
- Close ratio 6-speed transmission with integral shifter
- Seam-welded body
- Race suspension/KONI dampers and ABS brake tuning
- Race wheels/tires
- Race performance exhaust
- High speed balance 1-piece driveshaft
- Racing fuel cell
- Race data acquisition
- Grand-Am spec vehicle is estimated to be $129,000 MSRP
Orders / Feedback
- Vehicle orders should be placed with the Ford Racing warehouse, 800-367-3786.
- Priority delivery will be given to multiple vehicle orders.
- An “off-road only” competition release will be required prior to delivery of the race car to the dealer.
- Production of only 50 units is under consideration for 2010, so dealers are encouraged to submit their
orders before December 31, 2009.
Source: Ford Racing