As anticipation grows for the official announcement from Ford at the L.A. Auto Show about the 2011 Ford Mustang powertrain lineup, other model year details are starting to leak out. In a recent fleet distribution news bulletin we have learned order banks open for the 2011 Mustang on January 18, 2010 and JOB 1 will be March 15, 2010.
The most important details to leak out on the 2011 model year were found while searching through the order bank computer and they include the return of the 402A Package which is the California Special (GT/CS) model and a Shelby Convertible was listed showing the 5.4-liter Supercharged 4V V-8 as the engine choice. An SVT Performance Package (option 67F) was listed which includes 19-inch wheels, RR spoiler with GF (not sure what GF stands for), Over The Top (OTT) stripe delete and 3.73 limited slip. The SVT Package is most likely for a Shelby model. There is also a Brembo Brake Package (option 55D), 6-speed automatic transmission option and three different 19-inch tire options listed.
- California Special (GT/CS) Returns (Package 402A)
- SVT Performance Package (Option 67F)
- Brembo Brake Package (Option 55D)
- 6-speed Automatic Transmission available
- (3) – 19-inch tire options available
- Order Banks open January 18, 2010
- JOB 1 begins March 15, 2010