Most of you reading this post may be asking yourself who is Holman & Moody and why are they building a 2014 50th Anniversary Mustang? Well you are not alone because I asked myself the same question although I have read about them before in a few of my Mustang books but nothing really registered until now.
According to the press release before Saleen, before Roush, and even before Shelby, a legendary American Ford performance dynasty helped Alan Mann Racing secure the initial professional race win for the Ford Mustang – Holman & Moody. In September 1964, the Alan Mann Racing Team of England fielded three Mustangs that were specially prepped using engines and performance parts supplied by Holman & Moody in the 4,000 mile long “Tour de France Automobile” rally.
“To commemorate the Mustang’s first race win fifty years after the initial pairing, Holman & Moody is creating a limited edition 50th Anniversary Holman & Moody TdF Mustang, complete with dealer-installed enhancements aimed at producing the ideal high performance track-day car,” said Lee Holman. “Components have been carefully selected to make the 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang a spirited competitor worthy of carrying the Holman & Moody name. A unique blend of Ford Racing Performance Parts and Holman & Moody components make this Mustang a true performer and a fitting tribute to the 1964 race winners.”
Modifications to the 1964 Mustang race cars included bigger and better brakes, an upgraded radiator for extra cooling, a limited slip rear end, a modest horsepower increase, a lowered race-tuned suspension and a free flowing exhaust. The 2014 Holman & Moody 50th Anniversary TdF Mustang holds true to the original with similar modifications and even the same bright red hue that adorned the 1964 original race cars.
- 5.0 liter 4 valve Ti-VCT V8
- Ford Racing horsepower upgrade
- Race Red exterior paint color
- 3.73:1 limited slip differential
- Track Pack electronics
- Holman Moody Performance fully adjustable front and rear splined sway bars
- SVT adjustable struts/shocks
- Progressive lowering springs
- Short shifter assembly
- Stainless steel tubular headers
- Ford Racing sport mufflers
- Ford Racing stainless steel X-pipe
- High-flow K&N/Ford Racing air filter
- Uprated radiator for extra cooling
- Oil cooler
- 19″ custom wheels designed and manufactured specifically for this car
- Fully adjustable suspension allowing adjustments for road race, rally, autocross or commute without changing any components
- Hand held ProCal OBD2 calibration tool for reprogramming PCM or reading codes
- Improved exhaust note and engine breathing
- Commemorative body stripe and badging
- Holman & Moody embroidered carpeting
- Customized Holman & Moody TdF Mustang serial number plate
- Commemorative Holman & Moody license plate
- Complimentary one-year membership to SVT Owners Association
- Exclusive access to tech support and forums, including access to the designers and engineers.
Optional equipment available:
- Roller bearing upgrades to replace urethane on sway bars
- Custom Holman & Moody embroidered Recaro seats
Source: Holman & Moody