The all-new completely redesigned 2015 Mustang is a little over two years away from its April 2014 debut and for the most part we have no idea what the new design will be. Enter Artist Sean Smith who has done some unbelievable renderings of the 2015 Mustang based on the Evos concept Ford rolled out at the Frankfurt Auto Show last September. The Evos concept represents Ford’s design future for its vehicles or so most people think. Sean took cues from the concept to create what he thinks the 2015 Mustang will look like.
Is Sean completely off base with his rendering or does his design really have legs? Below we have highlighted some of the design features the 2015 Mustang is rumored to have.
2015 Ford Mustang highlights:
- Will be a Global Vehicle exported to Australia, United Kingdom, Japan and other countries
- Will be lighter by at least 300 pounds due to smaller size vehicle and use of lighter materials
- More fuel efficient due to smaller footprint, weight savings and engine tweaks (don’t be surprised by 25 city, 31 highway mpg for GT)
- Will receive Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), Live Axle is gone
- Expect a 4-cylinder engine option, possible 2.0-liter EcoBoost (SVO moniker might return)
- 5.0-liter V8 will remain with similar horsepower numbers
- Retro design is gone, a completely new Mustang will appear for the youth of America and beyond
- Will debut in April of 2014 at New York Auto Show for its 50th Anniversary
2015 Mustang Renderings:
Source: Sam Haymart @ Popular Hot Rodding