Vaughn Gittin Jr unleashed the Mothers Ford Mustang RTR Spec 3 which was a collaboration between Vaughn’s Mustang RTR brand and the team at Mothers Polishes-Waxes-Cleaners. This highly anticipated project made its debut at the SEMA Show today in the Ford display in Central Hall. The Mustang RTR Spec 3 is based on the 2013 Mustang GT and features a host of upgrades including a Ford Racing supercharger, RTR carbon fiber body parts, HRE wheels, BASF paint with Falken rubber and a Reus audio system.
Based on the Mustang RTR Spec 3 that will officially launch in the first quarter 2014, the Mothers Mustang RTR Spec 3 will showcase the latest aftermarket technology in chassis and engine development, composites, aerodynamics, paint, and audio – coupled with streetability and track-proven performance. The build of the project is a true team effort between RTR, the Mothers team,and some of the best product manufacturers in the business.
“We are pumped to have teamed up with the crew at Mothers to give the world a taste of what’s to come with the Mustang RTR Spec 3 on and off the track before it becomes available to the public,” says Vaughn Gittin Jr., founder of RTR. “Given Mothers’ deep history and experience in this world, we are flattered that after the fun they had touring the 2013 Mustang RTR Spec 2 all year, they wanted to partner up for the Spec 3 project.”
The RTR teamhas partnered with the most advanced performance racing shock manufacturer on the market – JRi Shocks.These state-of-the-art coilovers on all four corners allow the driver the adjustment to achieve the preferred balance for maximum track and street performance.
The Mothers RTR Spec 3 will have RTR’sbrand-new Tactical Performance Watts-link, as well as RTR‘s Tactical Performance four-way adjustable sway bars; both of which feature Whiteline bushings for maximum performance and premium ride quality.
The RTR’s extremely lightweight carbon fiber front splitter, roof panel, rear diffuser, andunique fender blisters were built and designed for functionality and next-level aggressive looks.
Having their vehicles done in special hues of red is a tradition at Mothers and this build will be no exception. The BASF R-M Onyx two-stage Candy Carizzma waterborne paint is a custom “Mothers Red” formulated by Chris Guinn, and sprayed by Deshler’s in Orange, California. Mitch Kelly of Kelly & Son the Crazy Painters in Bellflower, California painted the graphics. Complementing the paint, the custom interior as designed by the RTR team was mastered by Stitchcraft Custom Interiors of Westminster, California, giving the Mustang a fresh and exciting look and feel for the driver.
The exclusive and unique-sounding RTR axle-back exhaust system developed in partnership with Magnaflow Performance Exhaust. Itis coupled withAmerican Racing long tube headers and X-pipeand is sure to flow the over 650HP forced out by the Ford Racing supercharged 5.0-liter. Using this recipe, the Mother’s RTR Spec 3 will definitely create some incredible music at 7000 RPM.
Did we mention “the best in the business?” Then it should come as no surprise that RTR has teamed-up with the HRE Wheels to supply production wheels for all Spec3 RTRs. The RTR Spec 3 will come standard-equipped with HRE 501 wheels for the street (19” by 9.5”front, 19” by 11.5” rear) and an optional set of HRE’s extremely strong and lightweight C101 wheels (18” by 11.5”all the way around) for high-grip apex-hugging track duty.
Among the standard features is the Reus Systems audio package featuring a stunning high-power multi-speaker system where the sound is “the closest thing you can come to having an iPod player wired directly to your brain,” according to Rick Reus. This is a production system that, in keeping with the performance level of the car, will rival any aftermarket system regardless of cost.
The team at Mothers Polish is excited to collaborate with Vaughn Gittin Jr. and RTR on the Mothers RTR Spec 3 project. “We discovered a few years back that we share the same driving passion for speed and performance, as Vaughn brought life to a simple wax commercial with his professional drifting skills,” says Jim Holloway of Mothers.
Over the past show season, Mothers campaigned a Mustang RTR on its big rig show circuit, and “we enjoyed displaying it as much as driving it on the Hot Rod Power Tour,” exclaimed Holloway. Those experiences spawned discussions with Vaughn, which led to the collaboration of the one-of-a-kind Mothers RTR Spec 3. “The bonus is taking the car to the 2014 Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, with proceeds going to the Barrett-Jackson Cancer Research Fund at TGen. This project takes the excellent foundation that Ford provides in the Mustang to the next level of excitement with the standard RTR package. Then Team Mothers is taking it again to the highest level with the RTR Spec 3, and it supports a cause that has great meaning to our family as well as the Jacksons.”
While the Mothers Ford Mustang RTR Spec 3 will be “hard-parked” during SEMA, it will prove its street-ability and track prowess when the show is over by driving from SEMA and competing in the annual Optima Ultimate Streetcar invitational.
Following SEMA, the Mothers RTR Spec 3 will go on tour with the Mothers big rig for theremainder of the 2012 show season, as well as the entire 2013show calendar until it goes across the Barrett-Jackson auction block for charity in January, 2014.
Mothers Edition Mustang RTR Spec 3
2013 Ford Mustang GT
- 5.0L V-8 engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Ford Racing Supercharger
- Ford Racing Torsen Differential
- Ford Racing 3.55:1 Ring &Pinion
- RTR Carbon Fiber Driveshaft (by Driveshaft Shop)
- RTR Axle-Back Exhaust (by Magnaflow)
- American Racing Headers (1-3/4”)
- American Racing X-pipe (3”)
- K&N Air Filter
- K&N Pure Power Billet Oil Filter
- Ford Racing Radiator
- AFCO Heat Exchanger
- Currie Performance Axle Package with Billet Housing Ends
- Exedy Hyper Twin Racing Clutch
- Tuned by Adam Brown of Revolution Automotive
- RTR “tactical performance” sway bars
- Whiteline Sway Bar bushings
- RTR “tactical performance” Watts-link rear suspension (NEW)
- RTR coilovers by JRi (NEW)
- Whiteline watts-link bushings
Wheels & Tires
- HRE Vintage Series 501 Modular 3-piece Wheels; 19”x10.5” Front, 19”x11.5” Rear
- Falken FK453 Tires; 265/35-19 Front, 305/30-19 Rear
Optional Track Pack:
- HRE C101; 18”x11.5” Front and Rear
- Falken Azenis RT-615 Tires; 315/30-18 Front and Rear
- Ford Racing Brake Duct System
- RTR 100% Dry Carbon Fiber Roof (ECC)
- RTR Carbon Fiber Rear Splitter
- RTR Chin Spoiler
- RTR Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
- RTR Carbon Fiber Fender Blisters
- RTR Rear Spoiler
- BASF R-M Onyx HD 2-Stage Candy Carizzma Waterborne Paint
- BASF Paint Color Formulation by Chris Guinn
- Painted by Deshler’s, Orange, California
- Graphics by Kelly & Son the Crazy Painters, Bellflower, CA
- RTR Rear Seat Delete Kit
- RTR Spec 3 Seats (Sparco)
- RTR Four-Point Racing Harness by Takata
- Upholstery by Stitchcraft Custom Interiors, Westminster, CA
- Audio by Reus Systems
- RTR Embroidered Floor Mats
- Ford SYNC with Voice Command
- Reus Audio Systems (NEW)
- Mustang RTR and Team Mothers
- Autosport Dynamics Inc., Charlotte, NC
- Team Mothers, Huntington Beach, CA
Source: Mustang RTR