Back for another year the Cobra Jet Mustang will be better than ever as Ford Racing has had four seasons of testing, racing and customer feedback to provide the best possible turn-key drag racer for NHRA Stock and Super Stock racing. The 2014 Cobra Jet Mustang will feature two new colors, Gotta-Have-Green and a Cobra Jet-exclusive flat black (custom color), an all-new 3-speed race transmission with SFI approved housing, and a parachute mount for racers exceeding 150 mph. As with previous years just 50 units will be built and this year the starting MSRP will be $97,990.
The Cobra Jets are available for order now at Ford dealers across the country on a first-come first-serve basis. Production is scheduled to commence from July-October.
2014 Cobra Jet Mustang Features includes:
- 5.0L TiVCT engine: Supercharged — Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9L supercharger w/3.25” pulley, fully CNC-ported heads
- Lightened body assembly optimized for weight distribution
- Electric power steering – all the assist with no parasitic loss
- Rollcage optimized for rigidity and safety through finite element analysis (FEA)
- Recaro FIA race seats
- Ford Racing suspension geometry for optimum 60′ times – derived from computer modeling and hundreds of 1/4-mile runs
- Off-road only, race prepped, and turn-key for NHRA Stock or Super Stock and other racing series
- Exclusive Cobra Jet content and serialized for collectability
For more check out www.fordracingparts.com/cobrajet