The official photos of the newest one-of-a-kind aviation themed F-35 Lightning II Ford Mustang have hit the web. Ford released a bevy of photos showing the new F-35 2015 Mustang in all its glory and we must say this vehicle is impressive.
This one-of-a-kind aviation themed Mustang will be one of the first 2015 Ford Mustangs sold to the public through an auction. Ford design manager Melvin Betancourt and Mustang chief engineer Dave Pericak led the design and engineering teams that developed this unique car.
For the past seven years Ford has built and donated an aviation themed Mustang for the Gathering of Young Eagles charity. This year the auction takes place on July 31 during the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. All proceeds from the auction will benefit the EAA Young Eagles program which provides free introductory flights to young people.
For complete details and photos of the F-35 themed Mustang check below.
F-35 Lightning II edition 2015 Mustang:
- Custom glossy and matte titanium paint scheme
- Gold tinted windows
- Eibach springs
- Ceramic Coated exhaust tips
- Custom Forgiato 21-inch wheels
- Carbon Fiber front splitter
- Carbon Fiber rear diffuser
- Carbon Fiber rocker moldings
- Unique skull caps
- Vertically-enhance rear spoiler
- Modified instrument cluster
- Recaro Seats
- Custom Audio system
- Custom floor mats embroidered with F-35 Lightning II
- Unique Sill Plates